Press Secretary Cerge Remonde and Executive Secretary Eduardo Ermita gave an idea or summary of what PGMA (President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo) will most likely tackle on her final State of the Nation Address (SONA) on July 27, 2009.
Summary of what PGMA may discuss on her SONA 2009
- Highlight the achievements of her administration and the status of the government’s projects and programs since 2001
- Dwell on how her administration has given “too much attention to the overall welfare of the Filipinos”
- BEAT THE ODDS program (acronym for Balance budget, Education for all, Automated elections, Transportation and digital infrastructure, Terminate hostilities with the MILF and NPA, Heal the wounds of EDSA’s I, II and III, Electricity and water for all, Opportunities for livelihood and ten million jobs, Decongestion of Metro Manila, and Develop Subic and Clark)
- Report the developments on the Super Region concept, the development in Northern Luzon, Southern Luzon and the other parts of the country.
- Clarify numerous political issues surrounding her
- Discuss political reforms