A new impeachment complaint against President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo was filed Monday morning by Jose ‘Joey’ de Venecia III, Iloilo Vice-Governor Rolex Suplico, and public interest lawyer Harry Roque.
The complaint, accusing her, among others, of betrayal of public trust was endorsed by Bayan Muna Reps. Satur Ocampo, Teddy Casino, and Gabriela Rep. Liza Maza.
Grounds included in the complaint are:
– betrayal of public trust after she approved the National Broadband Network (NBN) telecommunications deal with China’s ZTE Corp., saying that the deal was overpriced by at least $130M
– culpable violation of the Constitution for approving the Northrail rehabilitation project;
– numerous human rights violations;
– graft and corruption for her administration’s involvement in various irregularities including the P728M fertilizer scam, P2B swine scam; and,
– alleged ballot-switching in the 2004 presidential election.