Here are the steps in applying for NCLEX in the Philippines:
Step 1. Apply for licensure to the board of nursing/regulatory body (BON/RB) in the state or territory where you wish to be licensed. Go to the Contact a Board of Nursing page of ncsbn.org. You have to do a research on this as the requirements vary from state to state.
Make sure you meet the eligibility requirements to take the NCLEX exam before proceeding to the next step.
Step 2. Register for the NCLEX examination with Pearson VUE by going to their NCLEX website and clicking on the Register button.
- The name with which you register must match exactly with the printed name on the identification you present at the test center.
- If you provide an e-mail address when registering for the NCLEX examination, all subsequent correspondences from Pearson VUE will arrive ONLY BY E-MAIL. If you do not provide an e-mail address, all correspondences will arrive only through the U.S. mail.
- All NCLEX examination registrations will remain open for a 365-day time period during which a board of nursing may determine your eligibility to take the NCLEX examination.
- There is no refund of the NCLEX registration fee for any reason.
Step 3. Receive Confirmation of Registration from Pearson VUE.
Step 4. Receive eligibility from the state board of nursing you applied for licensure with.
Step 5. Receive the Authorization to Test (ATT) from Pearson VUE.
If more than two weeks have passed after you have submitted a registration for the NCLEX examination and received a confirmation from Pearson VUE, and have not received an ATT, please call Pearson VUE.
- You must test within the validity dates of your ATT. These validity dates cannot be extended for any reason.
- The printed name on your identification must match exactly with the printed name on your ATT.
Step 6. Schedule an appointment to test by visiting Pearson VUE.
The test center in the Philippines is located at:
Pearson Professional Centers-Manila, Philippines
27th Floor, Trident Tower
312 Senator Gil Puyat Avenue,
Phone: +63 2 887 2198
Test Center Directions:
Examinees coming from the Buendia LRT Station, take a Guadalupe-bound jeepney. Trident Tower is located along the Sen. Gil Puyat Ave. (Buendia) between the RCBC Plaza and Planters Bank Building. Examinees coming from EDSA (Buendia MRT station) should take an LRT-Taft bound jeepney and alight in front of the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR-BUENDIA) office which is in front of the Trident Tower.
As per the Guidelines by Building Management, slippers and shorts are not allowed in the building.
Step 7. Present one form of acceptable identification and your ATT on the day of the examination. The only acceptable identification for international test centers is a passport. You will not be admitted to the examination without your passport and your ATT. If you arrive without these materials, you forfeit your test session and must re-register; this includes re-payment of the registration fee.
Step 8. Receive your NCLEX examination results from the board of nursing within a month from your exam date.