Here are the Top 5 Poorest Congressmen in the Philippines based on their 2011 Statement of Assets, Liabilities and Net Worth (SALN):
1. Anakpawis party-list Representative Rafael Mariano – P46,946
2. Teodoro Casiño (Bayan Muna) – P91,000
3. Raymond Palatino (Kabataan) – P195,000
4. Abegail Faye Ferriol (Kalinga) – P483,006
5. Neri Javier Colmenares (Bayan Muna) – P697,701
The deadline of the filing of SALN is April 30, 2012. This is in compliance with the requirements of Republic Act 6713, the Code of Conduct and Ethical Standards for Public Officials and Employees.