Western Union Philippines has announced that customers need only to present one valid identification to receive money transfers in any of its agent locations across the Philippines.
Please find here a list of valid IDs accepted for WU transactions:
- Driver’s License
- Professional Regulations Commission (PRC) ID
- Integrated Bar of the Philippines (IBP) ID
- National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) clearance
- Police Clearance Certificate (Electronic)
- Postal ID
- Voter’s ID
- Government Service and Insurance System (GSIS) e-Card
- Social Security System (SSS) card
- Senior Citizen Card
- Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) ID
- OFW ID
- Seaman’s Book
- Alien Certification of Registration
- Firearm License
- Employment ID (Government and Private)
- Student ID (for non-voting/minor age students; not accepted for 18 years and above; during school breaks, FLA’s may accept the old ID and record and the reason for the absence of new one)
- PhilHealth Insurance Card ng Bayan
With regards to the BIR TIN card, it may only be accepted if the transfer was sent from the Philippines and received in the Philippines. So for example, the money is from abroad say the US then the Tax Identification Number card won’t be accepted.
What are the requirements to receive or claim money at an agent location?
You only need to bring a valid government-issued ID (see above) and the tracking number (MTCN).
How many IDs are needed?
You only need one (1) valid ID.
If you have other questions, you may call Western Union Philippines customer hotline at 02 888-1200 (for calls within Metro Manila) or 1-800-1-888-1200 (toll-free nationwide via PLDT Lines), 1-800-9-888-1200 (toll-free nationwide via Globe Lines) or +632 888-1200 (for calls from overseas).